Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tired....

How do they do it? How do mothers survive? When all of their own resources are tapped and every child's needs still have to be fulfilled? How do I hold on when all I want to do is crawl back into bed and close my eyes and ears to the chaos around me? When every stomp down the hall and every whining request grinds at my brain!
Movie time! That was my answer, but the first few moments of excitement and anticipation are quickly pushed aside to 'He's kicking me!' 'He won't let me be on the couch too!' And a little one that won't rest...she allows her eyes to almost close before bouncing up needing something new. I need the nap more then her! Mommy is cranky! Mommy is tired! Who will fill my empty cup?
I need to! As hard as it is to let it go...I need at this moment to let it go. I have to put my oxygen mask on first or I won't have the energy and capacity to put on theirs. I need to regenerate my batteries to keep theirs going. I have to take time for me, and that is one of the hardest things for me to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment